last year, a person posted how to deal with if i lost the password of admin in win xp. i want to check it back. please help me.
it should be a software can fix this problem.

thank you all again

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by lloyd

for future reference. If you have a sibling rivalry (which was my case) and you want to get on their computer, but they passworded it. Just reboot in safe mode, and remove the password all together. :)

can we diasble the passwords with/without being entering into the system
tell me alkibalboa....

Do you mean without being intrusive? without actually being inside the account?

Question then,

What prevents ya from dling Ultimate Boot CD and using it on some random person's computer?

(Heh sry, saw the post from afar, and looked pretty interesting.)

well to tell you the truth you dont need a boot cd to get on anyones computer. But I am sure this is not the place to be talking about this, if we have solved the problem.

Do you mean without being intrusive? without actually being inside the account?

yaah not being intrusive.......

for future reference. If you have a sibling rivalry (which was my case) and you want to get on their computer, but they passworded it. Just reboot in safe mode, and remove the password all together. :)

tried rebooting in safe mode (F8) but it still presents the same XP log-in screen - is there another way of rebooting directly into safe mode, bypassing the usual XP log-in dialogue?

this is a misunderstanding. some computer you can boot in safe mode and no password, it is because they did not set up the build-in administrator password when they install the system ( they may forget set that password). in that case, acturally you can still log in as build-in administrator without password even it boots normally, not only safe mode, by twice ctrl+shieft+delete in login interface on XP. if the build-in administrator is protected with a password, you can not login even you boot it as safe mode.
i got a job at the beginning of this year. the previous tech guy suddenly left and did not give me any password. i used that software to change the password, i tried many times on different system, and i never loss.

well to tell you the truth you dont need a boot cd to get on anyones computer. But I am sure this is not the place to be talking about this, if we have solved the problem.

excellent!
human always be the first critical for security.

twice cntr+shft+del doesn't do anything different for me. the first instance of this sequence opens the log-in window, doing cntr+shft+del again doesn't do anything different for me

twice cntr+shft+del doesn't do anything different for me. the first instance of this sequence opens the log-in window, doing cntr+shft+del again doesn't do anything different for me

"twice ctrl+shieft+delete" is used to change the "welcom screen" to traditional log-in screen.
if yo have already been there, try administrator and blank password.
like i said, if your admin is protected by password, you can not bypass here, even you boot from safe mode.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.