I am trying to install Norton Internet Security 2009 to my laptop but when i insert the disk it is not running automatically like it should do.
How can i change my cd drive to run automatically so i am able to run the installation disk.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You really shouldn't install that rubbish. It will slow your computer down and do a very poor job of protecting it.

I can recommend some different software that will do a far far far better job of keeping your computer clean and is free if you like.

I agrere with Riq. Norton is bloatware softwa&re and takes onver he computer completely. Please avoid becos fute problems will magnify.
delete all Norton av and then look at AVG Panda Avast,or tother who do just as good a job (see commercial reports) and they are free. If you do install Norton the uninstall can be a nightmare!!
BOL
M

I am trying to install Norton Internet Security 2009 to my laptop but when i insert the disk it is not running automatically like it should do.
How can i change my cd drive to run automatically so i am able to run the installation disk.
Thanks

Hi clio182,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

The "Auto-Run" option is controlled by Windows and you do not mention which version of Windows you are using. You should be able to find out how to re enable this function by searching the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

In the meantime, to install Norton Internet Security 2009, simply double-click on "My Computer" and then double-click on your optical drive and then double-click on the "Setup.exe" file to begin the installation.

Let me know if you need additional assistance with the installation or configuration of Norton Internet Security.

Thank you,
Mike

Norton is a very high consuming resources antivirus. I uninstall this software in just about two days because i cannot work at my computer (freezes etc.) Just try Kaspersky or Bit Defender.

Norton is a very high consuming resources antivirus. I uninstall this software in just about two days because i cannot work at my computer (freezes etc.) Just try Kaspersky or Bit Defender.

Hi nichita2008,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

What version of Norton AntiVirus are you using? The 2009 and 2010 versions of Norton AntiVirus consume very few system resources and the updating and scanning features occur when your computer is idle, which eliminates excessive system resource usage. Please let me know what version you are using as well as the version of Windows and I would be happy to assist you in making sure that Norton AntiVirus is installed and configured correctly.

Thank you,
Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.