I am having trouble with my PC. The tip of the iceberg is an inocuous message which displays everytime I launch iTunes, as below:

"The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD-burning software. Please re-install iTunes."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes twice now but to no avail.

I suspect the problem relates, as it indicates, to other software that I have used. I have previously installed and used Handbrake, DVDVideoSoft Free studio, and no doubt others that I can no longer remember. As such I have tried to remove all traces of these 2 programs firstly using windows uninstaller and then, after reading, using RevoUninstaller. Neither of these methods resolved the confliction detected by iTunes.

I have even gone as far as inspecting the registry using the regedit command and through Toshiba Tune-Up's registry search function. I have attempted to manually remove references in particular to Handbrake and have literally deleted all entries found by the search function. No doubt I have made a complete mess.

Can anyone help me to sort this out?

Ideally, I would like to end up with iTunes sorted and with a good DVD ripper (free or paid for) that I can use to rip DVDs to put on an iPhone...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Many thanks for that link. I feel embarassed not to have found it myself! Registry problem all sorted.

Don't suppose you can recommend a good bit of software for ripping DVDs for iPhone?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.