Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mayank.dyl

I just downloaed for the first time this iso creator program and used it to create a iso of a Linux I have on a USB and it created an iso that I can only assume will work if it burn it to cd ,I just don't have a cd to try it on.i use win8 to mount the iso and it showed all the files and folders that were on the usb ,good luck

http://sourceforge.net/projects/iso-creator-cs/

thankx caperjack..this soft created iso very well but i am not sure if it will work or not.

I found a cd and will burn mine to it and try booting it up in my test laptop .will post results later

caperjack....what exactly you did ? I mean you burnt the whole xyz.iso file to dvd or you burnt the contents of xyz.iso to the dvd ?

I am asking because we are supposed to burn the contents on dvd and not the iso file.

@mayank.dyl..You can use any iso maker software program for the purpose. Plug in the bootable USB and open the iso making software. Browse the USB and start the process. If you have Nero, it would be more easy for you. Just browse the USB and copy whole data on systemj and start burning into .iso image file.

I just burnt the content of the iso file ,Im using win8 so it burns iso file to disk and will also mount the iso, ,no need to use third party software ,what I did notice was that threr was an extra file in the iso after making it not sure what it was for but I left it there assuming it wouldn't hurt

Edited by caperjack

ok i have created iso file using iso creator and moreover i have formatted my USB drive so now i can only hope that this iso works.
Thankx for your suggestions @ kevin2s, johhny, caperjack.

and if it doesn't work I could always make you a DVD copy of win7 and send it to you,as long as it was a retail disk and not OEM .or you could borrow one from someone ,keep in mindit needs to be same version

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.