I have a new HP dv4-1548nr laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and recently (last 7 days or so) when I click on a link either in an email or at one of my vendor sites to go somewhere else I get a window that says " The new window appears to have been blocked by a pop-up blocker." I have tried turning off the pop-up blocker and no help. I can't figure this out and it's driving me crazy. I use McAfee Security Suite (just reinstalled for the heck of it) No viruses, all up to date. I tried system restore to go back to before there was a problem. No help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hello,and welcome to daniweb, not saying this will work but i's worth a try i think ,i assume you are using internet explorer, open it go to tools/advanced and reset IE settings down the bottom

Hi,
I hope that caperjacks idea works for you, however, if you are still having trouble, try using another browser like Opera, FireFox, Chrome Etc.. You would need to make it the default for it to open when you click on a link in another application.

>>You would need to make it the default for it to open when you click on a link in another application.

And just in case you don't know how to do that -- Click Start --> Default Programs (assuming you have not customized the Start menu items)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.