Hey,

I hope someone can help me cos otherwise my next step is formatting my hard drive :cry:

Right,

my problem is:

when i start up windows it comes up to the screen where my windows hard drive gets checked for errors and after the drive has been checked there are supposed to be three dots at the bottom (more than one in any case) and then windows starts up... well in my case it freezes on the one dot. I have tried cancelling the checking still freezes on the first one. I have tried running it in safe mode, last known good config, everything but no luck, and even worst i havent got a system disk. I have a dual OS PC so i started Linux and i can access the hard drive from there so i dont think there is anything wrong with it....

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP :sad:

If you need any more info pleasse ask

Thanks

Vasco

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I dont have Bootable CD so i guess ill have to try get one...thought there might be some other way

Thanks

Hey,

I hope someone can help me cos otherwise my next step is formatting my hard drive :cry:

Right,

my problem is:

when i start up windows it comes up to the screen where my windows hard drive gets checked for errors and after the drive has been checked there are supposed to be three dots at the bottom (more than one in any case) and then windows starts up... well in my case it freezes on the one dot. I have tried cancelling the checking still freezes on the first one. I have tried running it in safe mode, last known good config, everything but no luck, and even worst i havent got a system disk. I have a dual OS PC so i started Linux and i can access the hard drive from there so i dont think there is anything wrong with it....

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP :sad:

If you need any more info pleasse ask

Thanks

Vasco

Hey Vasco,

If your harddisk has enough space, try to install OS as a new installation (I recommend windows XP) in the different drive that the previous installations are dwell. But it it better to have to copies of OS, cos sometimes some driver couldn't be found, so if such things happen you fill insert the other. After you finish the new installation successfully, if you have enough time take a back up and format your hard disk. I you dont have time take you file in to the drive that you install OS resently and format the other drive.

If you have any doubt of these things I will forward more and detail.

Don't woory!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.