I'm running Win7-64 on an ASUS Mb with 8 gigs of RAM. I'm totally pleased with the operation. I have an old HP lj 4Plus that is still running like a champ. HP Did too good a job. Having said that HP does not support this model any longer with drivers for Win7-64. I understand completely. However I would like to find a driver that will make this work with my new system. Is anyone aware of an available driver put together by an independent. Or if any of the current drivers for new HP devices will possibly function with the older HP. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Giddyup

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes, those HP LaserJet 4 are work-horses. They keep running. You can try to apply one of the older built in drivers that Windows 7 has instead of downloading any of the newer drivers. Of course, if you apply the Generic/Text Only driver, you should be able to print at least text.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.