My computer freezes up every time after viewing two or three web pages. I try using Ctrl+Alt+Del it does not work. The only way is to to turn off the power and then turn on again. I am not sure why.

I am currently using window 2000. Also, I have recently installed adaware, spybot, sygate (firewall) and avg antivirus in my computer.

Could anyone please advise me how I can get rid of this problem.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Michael55

1. See if the crashes are leaving any clues in your logs:

Open the Event Viewer utility in your Administrative Tools control panel and look through your System and Application logs for entries flagged with "Error" or "Warning". Double-clicking on such an entry will open a properties window with more detailed information on the error; post the details from a representative sample of some of the different error messages (please don't post duplicates or flood us with the entire logs). To do so:

In the Properties window of a given entry, click on the button with the graphic of two pieces of paper on it; the button is at the right of the window just below the up arrow/down arrow buttons. You won't see anything happen when you click the button, but it will copy all of the details to the Windows clipboard. You can then paste the details into your next post here.

2. You didn't mention which web browser you're using; if you haven't tried to replicate the problem with more than one browser, try doing so.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.