Hi All**Any help getting rid of the above message whenever I Click on Desktop shortcuts would be Gratefully received !!!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi, i would first try a system restore back to a time before it started happening,if no change ,then i would would try running system file checker a few time .
go to start/run, type in SFC /SCANNOW , it may require yo uto have a windows cd i nthe drive to run sfc

This looks like it will solve your problem. I'm sorry that it is just another link to another forum, but I wouldn't like to try copying & pasting all that stuff here. Besides that guy deserves the credit.

Hope it works.

Thanks caperjack/BigPaw Tried all that except reseting IE and am a bit bothered about trying that *I am not really computer literate!!!!!!!

Thanks caperjack **Tried that .. nothing **Changed my Browser seems to be working fingers crossed !!!!

well at least you found a way around it ,just curisous though ,did you try the IE reset

Reseting IE looks a bit to complicated for me So far things are back to normal

Reseting IE looks a bit to complicated for me So far things are back to normal

good to see you got it fixed ,but if you should have to try the IE reset it not at all complicated ,simple actually ,open IE go to tools,internet option ,advanced ,hit reset internet explorer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.