Respected Sir,
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits but when I try to take backup following error message was displayed:
The backup application could not start due to an internal error:

The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.(0x80070422).

Block Level Backup Engine Service also be not running when I try to run this service manually following error message was displayed :

Windows could not start the Block Level Backup Engine Service service on Local Computer.
Error 0x800700b7: Cannot create a file when that file already exits.

I already reinstall the operating system, run under safe mode and clean boot by using msconfig, run scf/scannow under command prompt but the problem not solved.Provide me solution for this.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you configured the backup tool? That's what the errors seem to indicate, that you have either not configured it, or do not have a suitable device to hold the backup data attached to the system, such as an external USB/Sata drive. What about using some other backup tool?

My two cents - don't bother using Windows backup. Take a complete system image using the personal (free) version of Macrium Reflect.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.