can any one help i need to know how to uninstall windows xp as the copy on this pc is fake and i now have a real copy but cant install it:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

can any one help i need to know how to uninstall windows xp as the copy on this pc is fake and i now have a real copy but cant install it:confused:

Hello and welcome to DaniWeb ,
first make sure you backup any data or music you have on your harddrive that you want to keep as all will be lost when you format the drive to do a new install .
just simply insert the new winxp cd and reboot the computer booting to the cd when asked ,if it doesn't boot to the cd ,then you need to go into the bios on reboot,[usually by hitting f1,f2 f11.or DEL depends on you system ] and go to the boot section and change it to CDROM as first boot .[if you have SATA HardDrive you will need to do the f6 to install the drivers ]when you get to where it says install windows say yes,you will need to delete the partition and create a new one then formatthe drive ,NTFS is best choice ,after the format windows will start installing just sit and wait .

Seems to me all you need to do is overwrite the existing XP program. Do this by booting to the cd,follow the prompts and click on re install windows. Your other files will remain intact as it only replaces the contents of the windows folder.:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.