I sanitised my hp computer and it is not booting any longer.it displays BOOTMGR MISSING.I DONT REALY KNOW WHAT TO DO HELP ME PLEASE

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Huh, In his situation you will need the Windows DVD.
but if you are using the Win 7 ultimate then it must be only of win 7 ultimate...

1. Insert DVD into your DVD Drive.
  2. Reboot PC, ("CTRL" + "ALT" + "DEL")
  3. now usually on left bottom side you will see Reapir option, click it.
  4. now you will be asked for call recovery option, beside that startup repair.
  5. Let Windows DVD repair it,
  6. This will take a long time, as it will check for different issue and the repair it so, your pc may restart Many time let be.
  7. When you see your Desktop remove your DVD

Other WAY,
If you are not having some important files on Windows drive ("C") then better to format and install again.

Thank you

Thank you very much for the contribution. I am very grateful

regards
lola from Argentina

Huh, In his situation you will need the Windows DVD.
but if you are using the Win 7 ultimate then it must be only of win 7 ultimate...

1.Insert DVD into your DVD Drive.
2.Reboot PC, ("CTRL" + "ALT" + "DEL")
3.now usually on left bottom side you will see Reapir option, click it.
4.now you will be asked for call recovery option, beside that startup repair.
5.Let Windows DVD repair it,
6.This will take a long time, as it will check for different issue and the repair it so, your pc may restart Many time let be.
7.When you see your Desktop remove your DVD

Will the above work if Windows not boot? if yes, i will share this free way! I did get the same case before. But then I opted for a tool called "Windows Boot Genius" to fix problem. Luckily, it worked smoothly.

Try a system format and that will surely fix your problem. But before that make sure you got all the backup of your files from your hard drive :)

I have been using PC's since Timex-Sinclair, but sometimes I forget to remove a device or a memory stick when I shut down, and the PC might not reboot properly because of this. The computer usually hangs during the boot process when this happens

I hope this reply is not insulting, but but brain-farts are not age-related.

I have widnows 8 in my computer ... but how do i download the windows 8.1 ... i ont have internet at home just in my office ... how i dont load the package of that and instal at home
?
SamimYasinzadA@yahoo.com thanyou

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.