I have a tv I sometimes connect my laptop to for movies and such. It works well when I connect to the tv from a win 7 OS. When I switch to windows 8 however the tv does not recognize my laptop anymore. My laptop however does recognize the tv on windows 8. I can move icons of screen, move the mouse over to the tv, my control panel shows me the new display, everything seems fine. However, my tv does not recognize the vga input.

Any ideas what might cause the tv to not recognize the windwos 8 input? Especially seeing that windows 8 does recognize the tv. I'd think there's something wrong with the tv but then it works fine with windows 7 and vista inputs. It does not work with windows 8 so I'm thinking maybe there's some change I can make in win 8 that might help. Any help would be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Versionitis? I think that Win7 and Win8 are using very different protocols to communicate with the TV, giving you the effects you are experiencing. Obviously, Win8 can understand the TV, but not vice-versa. I don't know if the TV has the ability to update to Win8 support remotely or not. If not, then you will be stuck using Win7 for now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.