Hi, I recently had to replace my hdd on my Samsung R730 laptop due to failure. I've got it running ok but now I can't get my microphone working. I'm sure it driver related. Also, I don't know if it's my imagination but the sound is not as good either.
I was wondering how I go about getting the correct drivers.
Thanks for any help.

Ronnie

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

Have you got your system details? You should be able to search for your drivers for this laptop.

considering you mention Samsung R730 you should be able to search the samsung website for drivers.

Here is what I found: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-R730-JA02UK

Hi, thanks for your reply. I had already been to the above mentioned site and down loaded SW Update. But I can't find my model, which is the one mentioned above. I down loaded one set which I thought was might do to a folder. I installed the sound drivr.
I did a check via skype and there is a recording but very low. I went into control panel, hardware and sound and turned the recording to 100% and boost to full. It's better but not great.
I can't find any mention of a microphone in my PC properties hardware, only High Definitian Audio Device. Is this If it is it?If it isI can get the details from there.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Hello,

There is a section further down with all the individual drivers you'll just need the sound/audio drivers. Collapse the download and manual section.

If you manage to install the driver, restart and try the headphones again.

Hi, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
I did as you suggested and it appears to be working better.
There are still issues. The sound graphic equaliser is not there and the key pad shortcut for the volume and contrast work but I don't get the graphic display when using it.I don't see a driver for thew keypad at the above link.

Regards,
Ronnie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.