K, so I have Vista Home Premium 64bit.. everything is updated and 4GB memory... but only 2.45gb available.... how do I get it to use all 4gb?? Thanks everyone

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

but only 2.45gb available.

? where do you see that info .

? how much shows when you right click on mycomputer icon and chose properties

well, i have this little widget that says how much of what is being used and it says i only have 2gb so i looked in my BIOS and it says i have 4gb but only 2.45gb available... and when i click on my comp it says 4gb

well, i have this little widget that says how much of what is being used and it says i only have 2gb so i looked in my BIOS and it says i have 4gb but only 2.45gb available... and when i click on my comp it says 4gb

ok, i don't really need to know the widget.
windows boots and open services and programs like anti virus tool and much more like if you have onboard video device it will be using some of the 4gig , this all takes ram my guess it the widget is telling you how much is available after windows and all program are loaded .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.