laptop fails to shut down normally. On starting it, it does not boot beyond the windows 8 load screen

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You didn't change any folder permissions or rename one of your system folders? I'm sure you did but did you try to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL once you got to that screen? Also, how long did you let your computer sit at the boot screen before giving up?

Sometimes updates take a long time to install and make you think the computer is frozen when it's just updating. I would look at the hard drive activity light. If it blinks a lot then Windows is updating. If it blinks once a minute then it may be stuck. Try holding down the shift key when you reboot your computer. Also, if you have any USB devices plugged in, unplug them or turn them off.... other than a keyboard or mouse. You may have a printer for years without any trouble but sometimes that changes and they'll keep your computer from starting normally.

The lack of memory i guess try upgrading the RAM

Run window memory test on boot..if the problem persist reinstall your windows 8.

you should reinstall it from external storage!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.