On the system cooling policy under the processor power management I set the policy to active.
And here is the scenario.

I have an acer aspire laptop, running a time consuming process or working with visual studio with mysql service running, I basically take reboot at least once a week. Then lately I just figured out that the processor fan will stop spinning if the processor and mobo temperature drops below 40C and will just spin up if the temp reach around 45C and that's good so i can save battery.

Now my question, what is the difference between the passive and active cooling? Because I thought that setting the system cooling policy to active will set you fan always spinning.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm not 100% positive, but I think that the active (always on) cooling will only be activated if the device is plugged into mains power - not using the battery.

even it is plugged-in or not, it still doing the same.

i tried it to plugged-in and check several times and still the fan stop spinning.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.