I'm having a problem with Windows XP booting. I get past the splash screen. the screen turns blue and I see a banner staing "Please wait, windows is loading." The operating system stops at this point. It's not freezing becuase I have control of my mouse. I've tried to start my computer in safe mode but it stops in the same place.

I'm having a problem with Windows XP booting. I get past the splash screen. the screen turns blue and I see a banner staing "Please wait, windows is loading." The operating system stops at this point. It's not freezing becuase I have control of my mouse. I've tried to start my computer in safe mode but it stops in the same place.

Try testing the hard disk, sometimes if its failing it will start to boot but then hang or take a very long time to do what its got to do. Download seatools from seagate support it test just about all hard disks and will tell you if yuors is ok. It also test memory and motherboard controllers. Make sure you do a full test.:cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.