When I am trying to open the outlook the error came like “filename.pst is not a personal folder”.. so I created one new pst and set it as default.. then I was able to open outlook, but I need old emails which is in the old filename.pst file.... it’s very urgent... I need the old pst to be configured in my mail.... When I tried the attached error coming... kindly suggest solution... it’s very urgent.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your PST file is obviously corrupt. If you have a backup, load it. Otherwise you can try some of the PST repair utilities that have been mentioned in earlier threads.

Microsoft provides the Inbox Repair Tool for correcting most problems with damaged Personal Folders .pst files. If you do not see the Inbox Repair Tool on the Start menu, under Programs | Accessories | System Tools, use Start | Find or Start | Search (depending on your operating system) to search your system for Scanpst.exe.
You will need to know the location of the .pst file that you want to repair. See Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot for information on file locations and ways to determine the location of a .pst file that you can see in Outlook.
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56f92966-ae90-4e02-9076-181aae0c9760/is-there-any-way-to-recover-my-outlook-data?forum=exchangesvrclientslegacy

Thank you all for your advice! The issue has been resolved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.