hey guys and girls. just wanting some help with a problem on my comp.

whenever i try opening control panel nothing happens. also when i go to install something, again nothing happens.

Both my BitDefender and AVG virus scanners arent working propaerly and so i couldnt scan. Afterwards i scanned using an online scanner and came up with 11 viruses that i were deleted. but still the problem keeps occurring.

i'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. thanks in advance.

kevin

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hey guys and girls. just wanting some help with a problem on my comp.

whenever i try opening control panel nothing happens. also when i go to install something, again nothing happens.

Both my BitDefender and AVG virus scanners arent working propaerly and so i couldnt scan. Afterwards i scanned using an online scanner and came up with 11 viruses that i were deleted. but still the problem keeps occurring.

i'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. thanks in advance.

kevin

Type GPEDIT.MSC from the Run box.
Navigate to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel:Prohibit Access to the Control Panel=enabled

Make sure it's set to disabled.. not sure about the programs

Type GPEDIT.MSC from the Run box.
Navigate to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel:Prohibit Access to the Control Panel=enabled

Make sure it's set to disabled.. not sure about the programs

hey i tried that and it says it cant find it...

does this mean something?

hey i tried that and it says it cant find it...

does this mean something?

what OS are you running? typically this command is used on servers but I tried it on XP before posting and it worked

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.