SingerGuy59 0 Newbie Poster

I've already done quite a bit of research on this problem and have eliminated most of the obvious causes.

Here's the setup. I'm running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server in a fully native mode Win2K active directory environment. Things have worked flawlessly for the offline address book for several years ... until the last week or so. Now, suddenly, I am getting this error message on all laptops (we have more than 60 of them) trying to do a "send/receive" operation:9:20:29 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8000
9:20:29 Synchronizing Mailbox 'my_name_was_here'
9:20:29 Synchronizing Hierarchy
9:20:29 Done
9:20:29 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
9:20:29 0X8004010F

I went to the Exchange System Manager and made sure the Offline addresss list was showing up in the mailbox store located at Domain > Administrative Groups > Domain > Servers > EXCHANGE > First Storage Group > Mailbox Store.

I then went to Domain > Recipients > Offline Address Lists > New Offline Address List and right clicked and performed a Rebuild (several times over several days, actually).

I have tried deleting the default OAL and creating a new one (thus the New in the name). No matter what I try, when I do a rebuild at the server, this is what I get in the system log:

Source: MSExchangeSA
Category: OAL Generator
Type: Error
EventID: 9127
User: N/A
Computer: Exchange

Description:
OALGen encountered error [0x8004010f] while calculating the OALs.

That's where I'm stuck. When I go into the Active Directory on my domain controller I see a folder named "Microsoft Exchange System Objects," but that folder doesn't show up on the Exchange server itself (and it used to). I suspect that is the cause of the OAL not working.

Any suggestions would be most welcomed.