Everytime I start Window's I get this message

"You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Window's starts.
The System Configuration Utitlity is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode, causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time Window's starts.
Choose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Window's normally and undo the changes you made using the System Configuration Utility."

But when i change it to normal startup and restart my computer it keeps going into selective startup. I also can't make any changes on the startup or services tab's so all those programs don't start when I turn my computer on.
I am an administrator on my computer. I had this and other problems previously. So I reinstalled Window's and I still get this message.
Can any one help me, thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you reinstalled Windows, these problems wouldn't still occur. Are you sure you didn't just reinstall over top of what you already had? Did you actually format the hard drive?

I reinstalled Window's (a complete reinstallation, the prompt says a destructive reinstallation, 4 times) by restarting the computer with the system restore disk in and inserted the next disk as prompted. But this problem keeps happening even before i put any of my old files on the computer. Whenever I restart the computer with the changes I make to msconfig on the services and startup tabs, after this reinstallation I get that message on the screen.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.