Ok I tried to upgrade to xp pro awhile ago and it didnt work and so then today I tried again using a student version I got. It stops at around 34 or 33 minutes remaining and doesnt do anything. So now I just want to go back to windows XP home and cancel the upgrade. So how would I just cancel it w/o having to reformat my hd and reinstall from the XP home cd.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Boot from the Home CD and install and use option "leave partition intact" no format. not sure if that option is available in home edition but I dont see why not.

Boot from the Home CD and install and use option "leave partition intact" no format. not sure if that option is available in home edition but I dont see why not.

It may say "Leave file system intact" not 100% on the exact wording.

ok well I finally got past the pro install, but I had to use a different version. It isnt illegal because I still used my xp pro code, but now the only thing I dont like is they have a weird welcome screen and I want to change it but dont know how. For some reason the people who put together this version of software likes ashley judd a lil too much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.