i had problem with my former operating system 'cos it will not take me to the deskstop area. i had to overwrite it with another os window xp proffessional. but now the window media player is not working it keep ging me this message
''Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly''
pls can u help

that means your sound card/driver may not be installed correctly. check device manager in system properties. (right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager.) see if whats there as far as sound drivers go. (in sound, video and game controllers) who makes your computer? you may be able to go to their website and download and install the correct sound drivers. lemme know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.