This strange problem has come out of no where and it now happens on both my laptop and PC! It started within a few days of each other and will not go away! It blows my mind that it is happening to both of them and they are in no way connected to each other.

Ok so here is the problem:
During the windows startup a blue screen of death will comeup right away or after a few seconds. It also came up while i was writing this post for the first time.

Here is what i can do.
-Safe mode works fine.
-But I can also (when i get lucky) hit CTRL-ALT-DEL as soon as i can and kill the Explorer.exe process before a blue screen comes. After a few seconds i re-run the explorer.exe process using the new task button and things work like normal (or until the next blue screen decides to come).

Here is the eventlog of the crash (all the crashes are the same):
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Here is what i have tried:
-I made sure Zonealarm and AVG did not load during the startup just in case they were the problem. No dice.
-Checkdisk/scandisk on the drive.
-Memory check utility
-Virus check with AVG and a-squared.

Any advice? This is driving me nuts :sad: .
Is re-installing WinXP the only solution? If I do that can I do it without effecting any other files or programs?

Thanks,
Sean

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.