Okay so heres my problem! When i go to open windows internet explorer IF there is NO pop ups then it will open up fine and all.....however when i go to open up a second window like when u go to file open new window...it closes the first window. So basically i can't open more than one window at a time. Also, if I initally open it and there is a pop up...that pop up makes IE close??? I dont get it and I am getting very very very very FRUSTRATED :evil: lol someone can u please tell me what is going on?? I have spybot, norton, and Zone alarm on my computer!!! HEELP if u can email me at Wrighta@student.gvsu.edu !!! Thanks!!!

Amber

Okay so heres my problem! When i go to open windows internet explorer IF there is NO pop ups then it will open up fine and all.....however when i go to open up a second window like when u go to file open new window...it closes the first window. So basically i can't open more than one window at a time. Also, if I initally open it and there is a pop up...that pop up makes IE close??? I dont get it and I am getting very very very very FRUSTRATED :evil: lol someone can u please tell me what is going on?? I have spybot, norton, and Zone alarm on my computer!!! HEELP if u can email me at Wrighta@student.gvsu.edu !!! Thanks!!!

Amber

I saw a solution on another site, so I'm copying and pasting... I realize this post is old, but maybe it can help someone else w/ the same problem:

"I read somewhere that this problem could be caused by toolbars I'd installed (such as yahoo toolbar or aol toolbar). Well I tried uninstalling them but that didn't work... apparently there was still some "leftovers" of these toolbars even after the uninstall. So then I was on a search to find out how to completely remove the toolbars effectively.

I came across a site ( http://www.mrtech.com/cgi-local/msgb...=11&t=164;st=0) that had a tool for completely removing the toolbars:
http://www.mrtech.com/aolcleaner.exe
I did it and now I can have muliple IE windows open again!"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.