I got a blue screen that told me basically that the problem was:

driver_irq_not_less_or_equal

with the technical information:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0XF7E62FFC, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,0xB9433431)

tm_cfw.sys - Address B9433431 base at B941F000, Datestamp 438e69d4

The Microsoft website told me it was an unkown device driver that did it, but I don't know what to do, if tm_cfw.sys is the problem, or is it missing? Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

That's the thing, I have no idea why this showed up now! I haven't downloaded a program for a long time. I found three files mathing that name, 2 were from Trend Micro, but all were linked to system32/drivers, which was in every directory

hi, on the site linked it tells the file size of the legit ones ,spyware can use the same name ,butthe file size would be different have you check the file size of all 3 file you find

hi, on the site linked it tells the file size of the legit ones ,spyware can use the same name ,butthe file size would be different have you check the file size of all 3 file you find

Hi there

Not sure if you are running XP, but if you are you could check your system files to see they are ok.

Method

Insert your XP cd into the cd drive.
Click start
Click Run
type the following in the box provided

sfc /scannow

click ok

note it is sfc space/scannow
dont forget the space

I hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.