I'm receiving the following error after trying to start the print spooler on a win2000 pro machine:

"The procedure entry point CacheAddName could not be located in the dynamic link library SPOOLSS.DLL"

The latest service pack is installed (4 I think). It just started after I installed the service pack and critical updates. I'm running on a win2000 server network.

Thanks,

Elroy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm receiving the following error after trying to start the print spooler on a win2000 pro machine:

"The procedure entry point CacheAddName could not be located in the dynamic link library SPOOLSS.DLL"

The latest service pack is installed (4 I think). It just started after I installed the service pack and critical updates. I'm running on a win2000 server network.

Thanks,

Elroy

:cool:

Did this just start happening? Were you able to print prior to this error, or did you just start receiving it?

What printer?

Have you installed anything recently? :-|

I was printing fine up until I installed the MS service packs and updates. I don't think it's the actual printer since I can no longer add ANY printers.

I've seen a few reports of that exact error by others who had just installed SP4, but no definitive fixes unfortunately. Uninstalling SP4 was the only solution that anyone found. :(

I repost if I can find any more info.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.