I am trying to solve a problem on a clients system.
They are complaining that the windows logon box keeps popping up every ten seconds or so, they will type in their username and password, choose remember password and click OK.
The same thing just repeats and repeats.

The client is very "un-technical" and our onnly contact at present is by phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing it, or a good starting point to diagnosing the issue.

Thanks

Webecho

I am trying to solve a problem on a clients system.
They are complaining that the windows logon box keeps popping up every ten seconds or so, they will type in their username and password, choose remember password and click OK.
The same thing just repeats and repeats.

The client is very "un-technical" and our onnly contact at present is by phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing it, or a good starting point to diagnosing the issue.

Thanks

Webecho

I would recomend getting your client to try and right click on the desktop as soon as they log on and check there screensaver settings.

You could also try walking them through creating a new user name in click by click sessions if the system locks them out after log on every time even when staying active.

You could also try and get them to use regedit and see if some programs are starting that should not be you can find these run programs at
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] and/or
[HKEY_CURRent_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] and/or 'Start' --> 'All Programs' --> 'Startup'

Not sure if any of this will help and I might even suggest you look for a program called hijackthis which will load all the programs into one location and allow you to see what is starting up and even allow you to disable certain ones. Good luck on your travels.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.