I've heard of people resolving this exact issue by changing such seemingly unrelated BIOS settings as the AGP Aperture, or simply trying the reinstallation again and again until it worked. I'm not suggesting that you do these things; I'm just bringing up the fact that the "32 minute" stall is an irritating problem for which there hasn't seemed to be one single solution.

Maybe we can glean something illuminating from your system specs; can you post as many details on your system's hardware configuration as possible please?

All right, I'll see what I can do.

ASUS P4S800D-X mobo
ATI Radeon 9600
512MB DDR-DIMM
Pentium 4 3.0 with HT
RealTek PCI 10/100 Ethernet card
Some sort of Creative v.92 modem adapter
Western Digital 160GB

NICE I got it to not stick there. I actually. Changed the AGP Aperture, and then disabled everything unnecessary. It's currently installing hitch-free.

Apparently. The only problem I have now is that my internet connection seems to be spottier than usual after I took out my ethernet card and then put it back in.

I just KNEW i would learn stuff by hanging around in here... so i googled AGP aperture size. I think i will go to some effort to forget about it now.
Tweak-3D helped me come to that conclusion.

my internet connection seems to be spottier than usual after I took out my ethernet card and then put it back in.

I'd try:

1. Opening the case again and double-checking that all cards/cables/etc. are properly and firmly inserted.

2. Updating the drivers for the network card(s); because of the reinstall, you are now using the original Windows drivers again.

Wow, I cannot find drivers for Realtek RTL8139 anywhere.

Here you go. Good luck!

Niek

All right, everything seems to be spiffy now. Thanks all you guys for helping me out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.