I have recently had a problem with my XP desktop icons. Whenever I restart the computer, refresh the desktop, or sometimes for no apparent reason, the icons all move to the left side of the desktop. I can move them back where I want them, but when I restart the computer they move again to left side. I've gone into the registry and made certain the NoSaveSettings were set to 0. I'm the only user of the comuter so I don't think it could be reverting to another account.

Given what can and has gone wrong with my computer this is a minor thing,but it certainly has become irritating. Anyone have any suggestion?

John

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

right click on the desktop ,arrange icon ,make sure auto arrange or align to grid is unchecked

Those settings (align to grid and autoarrange) don't have any affect at all. Checked or unchecked, my icons move to the left side of the desktop.

Anyone else have a suggetion? Surely someone knows of a likely registry or dll file problem that causes this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.