Hi

When trying to open excel files (which could previously be opened) I get the following pop up

"Please wait while windows configures microsoft office xp professional with front page"

I have never had this before?

I am using XP home with Service Pack 2

Any advice

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

are you sure you're trying to open excel files?

Sounds like it's trying to open a front page document.

are you sure you're trying to open excel files?

Sounds like it's trying to open a front page document.

No I am definately trying to open excel files.

Any advice!!

No I am definately trying to open excel files.

Any advice!!

for what ever reason ,you need to put your microsoft office cd in to re-setup excell

Exactly. it's trying to install some feature/file. You need to pop the CD in when you get this message.

iamthwee. Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage does not mean he's trying to install Frontpage. That office suite is known by that name.

if you installed office 2003 on the same computer, remove it. some new computer came with office 2003. if you did not remove it properly and then install the office xp, it makes the similar problem.

I do not have the CD as everything was installed when I purchased the computer?

I have not installed any office products since getting the computer, all that is installed is windows updates and I cannot recall any about excel!!

Cheers

Hi,

Perhaps the excel files are damaged. And you may try Advanced Excel Repair . This tool is rather useful in salvaging damaged Excel xls files. Hope this helps.

Alan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.