Hi friends,
I have Windows XP installed in my system. Initially i had only one account which is obviously Administrator, the one i created for myseld during installation. After I installed .NET, another user account was created automatically (named something like ASP_Web_Client) which i dont login to usually. Everytime during booting XP is prompting to select a user from the two to login. I want to make my administrator account as default one to login so that i can skip selecting the user always during booting. Can anyone please suggest me a way to get this done?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

A simple task. Click Start>Run. In the run box, type 'control userpasswords2' (without quotes). In the user accounts applet which opens, uncheck the box labelled 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer', and click apply. In the box that pops up, type in the username and password of the account which you want to logon to, and click OK. From now on, you won't be presented with the login screen.

Hi Nuff Said,

Ur suggestion is working. Thanks a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.