Hi, Ive recently format/install windows xp home edition on my emachines 4260. Everything has worked out fine apart from the sound. the drivers are there but the multimedia auido controller is not installed. When I click on start-programs-eccessories-entertainment-volume control it rerads "there are no active mixers available......" Ive looked about and tried my best,the best I have done was install a realtak ac97 codec, which was a multimedia audio controller, but not the one that I was looking for. The volume control has always loaded fine on windows before. This version of windows is an upgrade. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Please some help in trying to get the sound working will be appreciated, i have no clue of whatto do!

Did you install drivers for your card or did windows detect them automaticly? If the second is true, you should install the drivers from the CD that came with your motherboard/soundcard.

Regards Niek

Hi, i have done the exact same thing as gary_crapsparov. My computer came ready made, it is a packardbell. Serial number: 049060520032. I tried downloading the drivers from several sources, and as the computer came ready made, it has no motherboard C/D (i think so anyway). the sound card is built onto the mobo. (I cheked!)

Plz help

thanks for the help folks but im still having problems, when i install what i, and a technician have thought to be the right driver, the computer just crashes and i have to use system restore. I dl everest to see about computer and this is what it had for audio controller

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

can sum1 give me a driver dl that will work? plz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.