I can't find the drivers for ati mobility radeon 9000 igp. I tried google and it failed me. Can any one please tell me where I can find them? By the way, it's the final version of Vista Business, so the rtm drivers won't work. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hate to tell you this, I'm in the same boat you are, there are no drivers available. You need to have a Mobility Radeon 9500 or better for Vista drivers from ATI. I've got Vista Business up and running on a Mobility Radeon 7500 using the XP drivers, but without any of the fun new Aero stuff.

on amds website they only have vista drivers for 9600-9800

I just saw this from the PC Mag reporter Bryan Gardiner : "it might be worth mentioning that the site will be a sort of repository of Vista drivers. Although Vista is shipping with thousands of driver updates, those who are upgrading a self-built machine from XP to Vista might find they are missing at least a few component drivers not included with the new OS. So the site should be useful for at least a little while..." The site is at http://www.radarsync.com/vista

start here: http://laptopvideotogo.com/
They have just about everything.

That's just one of those spam websites.
I'm just using xp drivers.

That's just one of those spam websites.
I'm just using xp drivers.

I think it just died recently. I used it myself when i needed drivers in the beta versions of vista... Sorry for leading you off in the wrong direction.

that's alright. I think I'll just buy a new video card. I'm think i'll get nvidia 6800 gts. I also have a question. What do you guys think of my setup for vista.
cpu 1.81GHz sempron 3000+

1GB memory

80GB hdd, 40GB hdd

and hopefully an nvidia 6800 gts with 256MB ram

would this be a good computer to run vista business?

yep

but semperons and celerons are generally kinda crappy

Ive got a similar (Pentium 4) PC and vista with 1gb is like XP on 512 so some more ram is a must if you want games games, otherwise it should be suficcient for office tasks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.