:rolleyes: I can log onto ie and navigate and play games, etc, but when I'm done for the night and try to close ie, I get no response. I have to do the ctrl,alt,del. Now I can't even download either. What's up with this? I run McAfee, Adaware, ZoneAlarm, System Mechanic, CWShredder, HJT. I am running on Win XP Home.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

was that while playing a game? Or otherwise instead of the cross, try alt+F4

Any pertinent error messages in your event logs?

thanks guys but it was a regristry thing. I had to delete files in ie browser helps. I am okay for now, opened, surfed, checked mail accounts, played games, and then able to close, on five attempts it worked!

what's your IE version? I think version 5 has these problems..

ie 6.0 with the service packs.

Do you know your comp.? Like the CPU speed (Mhz.)? How much memory (MB), etc?

:rolleyes: Pentium 4, 2.6 hz, 256 RAM, 40 Gb, Dell Dimension 4400 about two years old. Came already loaded with the Win XP and IE and Outlook Express pre-loaded. I keep everything updated and have service packs loaded. I also run Spy-Bot, Adaware, ZoneAlarm, and on this computer, McAfee Antivirus, all update weekly.

thanks guys but it was a regristry thing. I had to delete files in ie browser helps. I am okay for now, opened, surfed, checked mail accounts, played games, and then able to close, on five attempts it worked!

Does the above mean that you've solved the problem? If so, I'll mark this thread as solved.

yes please close this one

Thanks.

Marking as solved...

Surfing Amazon for DVD´s, was right clicking on ¨open in new window¨now one of the windows wont close.

It minimises and maximises, but wont close and it doesnt show as an application when I open the task manager but the other windows do.

Not computer savvy which is why I registered here. Help! I dont know how to do the registry thing.

Surfing Amazon for DVD´s, was right clicking on ¨open in new window¨on various titles, now one of the windows wont close.

It minimises and maximises, but wont close and it doesnt show as an application when I open the task manager but the other windows do.

Not computer savvy which is why I registered here. Help! I dont know how to do the registry thing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.