No, this is not an advertisement for the website, this is an errormessage that comes up everytime I boot up the open computer on my network.
(I have an extra to keep on the network) When it boots up it says that it is labled in the win.ini file, but it can not find it. Should I just go into the *.ini file and delete the reference to this annoyance, or should I just let it be?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

You could make a backup of the *.ini files, and then edit them, yes. If something blows up, go back to the backup and restore them. But I am wondering if there are other corruptions on that computer.

Christian

Hello,

You could make a backup of the *.ini files, and then edit them, yes. If something blows up, go back to the backup and restore them. But I am wondering if there are other corruptions on that computer.

Christian

I don;t doubt it.

I don;t doubt it.

Have you run some type of spyware checker recently?

Get yourself a copy of AdAware (or another spyware removal program), check for updates and run it.

Hedda Lora

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.