I have a network share that I have accessed as one user. I want to access another network share as another user. When I try to access the second drive it does not ask for my UN/PW it only tells me access denied.

I need to know how to make windows ask for the UN/PW so I can enter the correct permission information.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a network share that I have accessed as one user. I want to access another network share as another user. When I try to access the second drive it does not ask for my UN/PW it only tells me access denied.

I need to know how to make windows ask for the UN/PW so I can enter the correct permission information.

Open Windows Explorer, click on Tools then select map network drive. Enter the path to the network share (\\servername\sharename)
Click Connect using different user name. Uncheck Reconnect at logon if you don't want the connection to be permanent.

I will give that a shot. Thanks for you help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.