Hello,
I just received a Compaq E500 laptop from Ebay. I tried installing Windows XP Pro. Everything goes fine untill i get to the "copying files" at file win32k.sys it stops installing and gives me options. Either retry installing this file , witch i tried many times and still wouldn't, or skip the file. So finaly i tried to skip the file, but it gives a warning that windows may not work properly if skipping this file. So the file finisished installing and the it reboots the computer and the regular windows xp loading screen starts up, after like 3 seconds my screen turs blue and says "Fatal Error windows has shut down" and gives some long chains of numbers and letter. I tried repainging and installing 2 more time oand i keep getting the same thing. Plaese help me... Thank You Larry:(

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Did this hdd have a OS on it when you received it? Did you format and partition it prior to installing the OS?

Hi, No there was no OS, and yes i formated the partition. Please Help Thanx

I just tried to install XP again with skiping that file "win32k.sys" and then when the computer restarts and goes to the blue screen this is what it says STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initalization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down. WHAT DOES THIS ERROR MEAN? thank you

It might be worth wiping the drive and do a fresh install. Sometimes things just go wrong. I was installing a copy of W2k that I had and when it came time to enter the product code it wouldn't recognize it, it did the second time I installed it...go figure.

Hi, I tried a fresh install and i still had the same thing happen.

The hd was wiped clean when i got the computer

Find out what the make of the hdd is and go to the manufacturers web site and download their diagnostic tool and run it to see what condition you hdd is in.

You will most likely need to transfer this to a floppy and boot from it. This also means making the floppy the first device in the boot order in the BIOS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.