my computer had been activated for the past 3-4 years. i was working properly, now its asking to activate windows xp. There something wrong there; but still i said yes when it asked if i wanted to activate windows. still more problems, it does not detect my internet connection.
I tried the safe mode and it works. what should i do? HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

call microsoft.
Use the option, I do not have internet connection, telephone m$.

you talk to an automated voice at first and give her some numbers. If she can't activate it, then you'll be directed to a real person.

Now I don't know why a once activated xp suddenly becomes deactivated..that does sound weird....but microsoft can activate it for you....you just have to call.

call microsoft.
Use the option, I do not have internet connection, telephone m$.

you talk to an automated voice at first and give her some numbers. If she can't activate it, then you'll be directed to a real person.

Now I don't know why a once activated xp suddenly becomes deactivated..that does sound weird....but microsoft can activate it for you....you just have to call.

thanks man... :D its working now...

The reason is that Microsoft is greedy!

If you make 5 hardware changes, it assumes you may have moved it to a different computer or pirated it.

yeah, i changed my motherboard because it was broken and i had to get a new copy of XP because it was OEM :( damn microsoft

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.