Rename any folder with extension {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
e.g.,
if we have a folder games
press F2,
then type, "games.{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"
see the magic....
then to get to original form,
remove the extension using
"ren games.{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} games" in dos or as a bat file

and you are done.. But the folder can be deleted.

~cheers~ :)

vinod_javas commented: very nice and useful stuff dude!! +2

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

i guess nobody tried it out :( i can't see any replies here.

Who am i kidding, resurrecting a three year dead thread? Anyway, seems that somebody else has the same idea though, they're using it for their commercial USB data protection.

Arjun, awesome tip! Keep discovering new ones...

but how can i remove the extension pleazzzzzzzz explain detailly...........

Nice post Arjun. Here is something to research upon. There is a trick to make a folder not only look like the recycle bin but also to function like a recycle bin. There were the following steps:
1. Remove the recycle bin from the desktop using the registry.
2. Create a folder where you want to store sensitive information. For me, it was "guy's stuff". It should be on the desktop.
3. Make the folder appear like a recycle bin. It looks and functions exactly like the original one, except for the context menu is different. There is a way to reverse this process to get the contents of the folder back.

Now, due to my failing memory and having been out of touch from this stuff for more than one and a half years after leaving college, I have forgotten the most important part - Step 3 (T_T) . Can you please tell if you know the trick.

I have no idea how to do this lol :p perhaps post screenshots?

this will help you recover your original folder
1.RENAME YOUR RECYCLE BIN(DISGUISED FOLDER)SO AS IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SPACES,. RENAME AS OLD(SOME ARBITORY NAME WITHOUT SPACES)
2.OPEN THE COMMAND PROMPT
3.IF YOUR RECYCLE BIN(DISGUISED FOLDER) IS PRESENT IN DRIVE E ,TYPE DRIVE LETTER FOLLOWED BY: EG: FOR RECYCLE BIN(DISGUISED FOLDER) IN DRIVE E PRESS E:
4.E:> WILL BE THE NEXT COMMAND LINE
5. DRAG AND DROP YOUR RECYCLE BIN(DISGUISED FOLDER) INTO COMMAND PROMPT, IT WILL LOOK LIKE "E:\FOLDER NAME\FOLDER NAME2\OLD.{645....}" EDIT IT BY REMOVING DOUBLE QUOTES AND DELETING \OLD.{645..} PORTION
6. NOW AFTER EDITING IT WOULD LOOK LIKE E:\FOLDER NAME\FOLDER NAME1 THAT IS YOUR PATH TO THE FOLDER DIGUSIED AS RECYCLE BIN
7.TYPE cd E:\FOLDER NAME\FOLDER NAME1 ,PRESS ENTER,NOW YOUR ARE INSIDE THE PARENT FOLDER CONTAINING FOLDER OR RECYCLE BIN
8.YOUR COMMAND PROMPT WILL LOOK LIKE E:\FOLDER NAME\FOLDER NAME1> ,NOW AGAIN DRAG AND DROP FOLDER TO COMMAND PROMPT AND EDIT CONTENTS SUCH THE ONLY ,OLD.{645....} IS EXTRACTED
9.NOW RUN A COMMAND< ren OLD.{645....} NEW >PRESS ENTER NOW YOUR RECYCLE BIN WILL BE REPLACE AS THE FOLDER WITH NAME NEW WITH ALL THE OLD STUFF
CHEERS....

thanks orion got my files back:))

\

commented: please help me = picture +0

Please, show me how to restore the folder to its original state with pictures or videos. I am in need of using this directory

@vanhungvox. On all your computers you backup what you can not lose. Restore from your last backup. No backups? This is usually when folk learn backups were never optional.

commented: please help me = picture of "orion x" +0

Thanks man. it's really helpful

show me how to restore the folder to its original state with pictures or videos.

I’m finding a lot of articles on the web on how to edit your registry to recover an accidentally deleted recycle bin. However, I unfortunately can’t find anything on how to recover a folder converted to a recycle bin. Did you make note of your registry settings before making the change?

I’m in bed right now but I’ll see if I can do some more investigation tomorrow.

Oh, never mind! The first post of this thread shows how to restore. Does it not work?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.