The title of the thread is my random yet hopefully simple question. I "googled" it but didn't find anything that seemed concrete, and so I'm hoping that someone on here will know. So again the question is, Is Vista based on XML, and if so, would it be correct to say that the document formats are based on XML?

In case anyone is thinking so I promise this is not some assignment or such, I'm just trying to cross-check what someone told me.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The new version of Office has a file format using XML. Vista itself has very little to do with XML, and it's certainly not based on it.

Oh I see, ok then thanks.

The title of the thread is my random yet hopefully simple question. I "googled" it but didn't find anything that seemed concrete, and so I'm hoping that someone on here will know. So again the question is, Is Vista based on XML, and if so, would it be correct to say that the document formats are based on XML?

In case anyone is thinking so I promise this is not some assignment or such, I'm just trying to cross-check what someone told me.

Hi Thinka

I've been charged with preparing a document that discusses the use/adoption of XML by Vista. Did you manage to find out anything about this question, and if so, would you be kind enough to send me anything? My email address is <email snipped>. Thanks very much for any wisdom you can share!

Abertawe

Hi Thinka

I've been charged with preparing a document that discusses the use/adoption of XML by Vista. Did you manage to find out anything about this question, and if so, would you be kind enough to send me anything? My email address is <email snipped>. Thanks very much for any wisdom you can share!

Abertawe

Hello Abertawe

Sorry I actually didn't find out much ore about XML/Vista links, mostly because I didn't need to, this thread was just a very ver small aside to a massive project. To be honest I would say one of the best things you can do is google something like "the use of XML by Vista" & check out the results, and contact microsoft/check microsoft forums, probably under developers somewhere...

All the best with it mate.

Hi Thinka

Many thanks for replying. I took up your excellent suggestion and did find a number of XML-related aspects to Vista such as XML answer files, MSXML core services, XPS, gadgets, and Atlas.

I hope your larger project went well.

Take care

Abertawe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.