Member Avatar for kiamzattu

Hi Every1

I'm havin trouble with my taskmanager. My CPU usage is always 100%. I found out that its because of the
SVCHOST NETWORK SERVICE, So i traced the service DNS Client which is started by this SVCHOST NETWORK SERVICE
process and disabled it. But now when i open the taskmanager my CPU usage is still 100% and now its becaus of
the process TASKMGR.EXE which is ofcourse taskmanager. This makes my computer really really slow. Also when i'm connected
to the internet my CPU usage is not 100%. Its normal.How can i fix this bug
or whatever it is? Any Suggestions????

Regards
Anand

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi Caperjack
I visited the site and downloaded the KB9278921 Patch But when i installed it i got the following error msg
"Setup cannot continue because one or more prerequisites required to install KB927891 failed. For More details check the Log File c:\windows\KB927891.log"..... What can i do next?.

Regards
Anand

not sure ,never got that message with mine ,did you check the log file indicated to see what it says

Hi Caperjack

I went thro the log file and found out the follwing
"FileVersion of C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll is Less Than 3.1.0000.0000"
So i updated my msi.dll by installing by downloading and installing "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86"
.Now my msi.dll files are updated. So i installed the patch "WindowsXP-KB927891-v3-x86-ENU", rebooted
and then installed "WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86" and rebooted. But unfortunately my problem isn't solved.
My CPU usage is still 100% and its becaus of the same SVCHOST NETWORK SERVICE... Any other suggestions?

Regards
Anand

Hi Caperjack
Thank for ur suggestion. I already scanned
my system for malwares with ad-aware, But now
I'll download this trojan hunter and scan my system again.
I'm ready to do jus anythin to get rid of this bug...

regards
Anand

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.