Hi folks,

I have been having a bit of bother with my system lately and hope someone can help...

I have a (HP) Compaq c300EA laptop, I recently needed to reset the system to factory standards, did this by pressing the F11 key during start-up using the recovery manager.
It worked but...as I understand it when you restore the system to factory settings everything on the HD is to be formatted - this did not happen.
I am not overly upset about this fact as I would not mind keeping some of the data that supposedly got wiped. I have a 80GB HD and after restoring it still shows as being full up (approx 5 GB free). This makes sense to me as that was the size of my HD before I reset the system. When I try to access programs or files now I get a message saying that the application is not installed for the current user. Can anyone help me out here?? Where is the data stored, how do I restore it so that I can use my old programs again without re-installing?

Thanks in advance...

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hungry_for_info

try the the f11 again but this time choose advance settings. somewhere there it gives you the choose to do a complete restore with formatting it will ask if ur sure you want to proceed. thats when you know ur in the right direction.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.