my friends laptop which recently had a hard drive installed, has Auditor as the default OS. I have to select Windows during the boot process. When I first turn it on, it shows everything OK, except the last line:
02B2:Incorrect Drive A type - run SETUP
has a box with F1 Boot, and another with F10 Computer Setup. I select F1, and it shows:
Debian GNU/Linux, Kernal 2.6.11-auditor-10 Default
Debian GNU/Linux, Kernal 2.6.11-auditor-10
Windows 2K/XP/2003 (ndal)
I use the arrow to go down to Windows, enter, and it boots up in Windows 2000 Professional.. Does anyone know how I can change it to Windows as the default? Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hello, go to start /run/ type in msconfig,go to boot.ini along the top,hi-lite the line with windows 2000 and click to set as default

Caperjack, I tried......... this is what I got
Cannot find the file 'msconfig'. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.
I put it in search and got nothing. Any idea what's going on? Thanks Caperjack.

thanks again Caperjack. Still no luck. I apply and OK and restart, and it still opens in Linux (I think that's what it is) May be something to do with the "incorrect drive A Type" it shows at the start up. I don't think I should have to select "Boot" or "Computer Setup", it should just open in Windows. May be too complicated problem, possibly professional help that cost $. If you have another idea, let me know. Thanks for your help!

ur using a linux boot loader. Where's jb when you need him?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.