My hard drive crashed and I recently replaced the hard drive to a Maxtor 500 Gb. I installed Windows XP Pro and everything went fine after I installed the SATA drive specific to my Intel Motherboard. Windows XP Pro boots up and brings me to the desk top. My problem is the CD Rom will read certain discs like photos on CD or the drive disc for my ethernet card but when I attemted to install a software program disc the drive would not recognize it and nothing appears. The drive appears but it isnt reading the data contained on the disc It is crucial I install this software since it is the new billing and collection program for my Chiro office. HELP!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you may need to update your firmware for your CD/DVD drive. You will need to noe the Model number and the make of your CD/DVD drive and goto the site of the manufatorer and surch for the FIRMWEAR updates.

you may need to update your firmware for your CD/DVD drive. You will need to no the Model number and the make of your CD/DVD drive and go-to the site of the manufacturer and search for the FIRMWARE updates.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.