jmrank 0 Newbie Poster

Hey all.

Okay, here's my setup: Win XP Pro SP2, Radeon 7000 AGP video card, with a DVI-to-dual-VGA dongle. After much, much finagling, I was able to get the dual monitor setup to work correctly (extend desktop to second monitor).

Here's the problem: I can't start the machine with both monitors connected. If I do, both monitors show the BIOS startup screens, but then my secondary monitor shuts down (when Windows starts), and the primary acts like it's the secondary (so, no icons, no taskbar...). The only way to get it to work is to disconnect the second monitor before I boot it up every day, then after Windows starts, hook it back up and fix the display properties.

I'm assuming once you've got the desktop extended, it's "supposed" to start up correctly. Anybody got any ideas?

FYI, I do also have on-board video, but I couldn't get it to work with a second card, which is why I went with the dual-card-dongle setup.

Also not sure if it matters, but the machine is a Tyan Thunder K7 (S2462) motherboard with dual Athlon MP 2400+'s.

Thanks...!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.