Hi,
I never ran in to this kind of problem in my life so far. Recently I bought a Lenovo 3000 Y410 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I tried to dual boot Ubuntu 7.04 with it. This actually replaced my boot loader with GRUB. I formatted the Ubuntu without being aware that GRUB would start again during reboot. The next time I restarted the computer, GRUB blind Windows Vista and I couldnt log on.
So, I formatted the Computer using Windows Vista recovery DVD.
Then I installed all the drivers for Vista. Onething I cant find is the Infrared driver. I tried a full hardware search and Vista doesnt locate it. I tried to get Chat help from Lenovo and they didnt answer me. I dont know what kind of Infrared device the laptop is equipped with.
Is there anyway, I can find the infrared device even though it is not listed under device manager? I dont want to buy any softwares please. Free and safe ones would do.
I want it to work. If you know the infrared device name for Lenovo 3000 Y410 laptop, please let me know.

Thanks for the help. Please do help. I need Infrared for my remote controller so that I can do presentations easily.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.