I have recently re-installed Windows 2000 Pro, SP4, and am having several issues.

In Windows Explorer, I like the split screen with the folders tree on the left. For some reason, Windows Explorer ignores my folders selection to remember each folder's view; it will not remember to open the folder view with the Folder Tree open on the left of the view.

Each time I open Windows Explorer I must go through the View:Explorer Bar:Folders routine.

Have you seen or experienced this problem? Do you have a cure or troubleshooting suggestion?

Also, are there any other Win2K users who feel that their systems are experiencing new problems and difficulties after downloading and installing updates from Microsoft?

Thanks!

Don

Since you've posted two not dissimilar problems, I'd suspect a virus or trojan that has altered your registry to restrict what you can do.

The Spyware section of this forum will advise what to download (like AVG Anti-Spyware) to detect what the cause could be.

best I can suggest on the info you've provided.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.