I have been receiving the 'Error on Page' indications when I access a number of different websites for about 4 months since I set up a new computer with Windows Vista and IE7. The detail error message shows the error - Class doesn't support automation.

I have searched everything I could possibly think of to find a solution. Someone indicated the Norton programs (ie: Ghost, NIS) may cause issues so I uninstalled these - did not help.

Some other post suggested re-registering the following:

C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 msscript.ocx
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 dispex.dll
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Did not help.

I have narrowed the issue down to IE7. I have a WindowXP computer with IE6 which works fine. I can also use Netscape Browser 8 without issues.

If it was just 'regular' websites that had the issue I would not worry about the problem, but I connect to a Website for work which I use to update system data and that site also throws the error and will not let me save my changes.

I'm not sure how to turn on any trace or debugging software to get more infomation.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jody

Well - I finally got the problem resolved. I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player and reinstalled it again. Then I re-registered the following .dll's. Make sure you run the command as Administrator.

C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 msscript.ocx
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 dispex.dll
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll

YEAH!

Please mark this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.